Prems Nepal Trek - Best trek and guide company in Nepal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prems Nepal Trek - Best trek and guide company in Nepal

Prem is possibly the most knowledgeable Nepalese when it comes to trekking in Nepal. He writes the NATT trekking guide, and participates in various projects helping the local community, such as home-building.

Even before I engaged his company, he answered my questions readily, gave me lots of tips and supplied me with various materials that I needed.

When I arrived, he was able to find me a porter guide on a short notice.

I recommend anyone that is unsure to go with Prems Nepal Trek to enjoy peace of mind, professionalism and a great time in Nepal.

I am pleased to have made a new friend in Nepal.

Prem Rai of Prems Nepal Trek is an excellent Pokhara based Nepal trekking organization. I have done three treks organized by Prem, one for 20 days in the Three Passes of Everest region, the second was 25 days in Nar, Phu, Annapurna and Upper Mustang and the third was 14 days in Langtang. In all three treks Prem supplied excellent guides and porters, knowledgeable, friendly and with good english. Trekking in Nepal sometimes has events (weather, landslides, etc) that can disrupt the trip, Prem’s team always had a good solution for any challenge. They also know the various guesthouses along the way and always choose the best one. I am going back with three friends for a 23 day trek (Tsum, Manaslu) this fall and of course will go with Prem.
    You can find Prem at: Prems Nepal Trek (Prem Rai), Lakeside - 9 (Street No.19), Pokhara, Nepal also at www.trekwithpremrai.com or www.facebook.com/prem.rai2 and [email protected] and +977 9807380590 and +977 9846306028. If you want more information you can also email me: [email protected]
    Last edited by mheath; 06-19-2019, 11:36 AM.

Comment

If you are fortunate enough to find "Prems Nepal Trek" when searching for an excellent treking agency, then consider your due diligence done. You need not look further as this is one outstanding agency that goes beyond the expectations of most Trekers. In my opinion this agency is the Gold Standerd. Apparently I'm not the only one who believes this as you will see review after review with five stars and a total rating of 4.9 out of 5. The man who created this company is the kind of person that most people just love being around. He's intelligent, organized, knowledgeable and puts his heart and soul into making sure those who travel with his outstanding guides will always remember one of the best moments in their life. Prem co-authored a book called, "Trekking the Annapurna Circuit" after creating the new NATT Trails which avoid the road. Because of these new trails the experience is once again outstanding. The older Trails follow the road and unfortunately the vehicles rule. This is an excellent book that gives a wealth of information on the Annapurna circuit. However if you Trek with Prem his guides will always use the new NATT Trails. There is still some walking on the dirt roads while trekking but this can be fun as you see many of the locals passing by and the beautiful children's faces riding in the back of pickup trucks! I didn't even realize that he had mapped out these new trails along with Andrees de Ruiter (author of : Trekking the Annapurna Circuit) until we were full into the trek. It just goes to show that he is devoted to giving the best experience possible. This is also an agency that that is passionate about helping the 2015 earthquake victims by building new homes for those who lost theirs during the quake. He is involved in communities near the epicenter. Those who are interested in combining a trekking Adventure along with helping the earthquake victims can create a fundraising event in their home country and use the proceeds to provide a brand new home for an entire family who lost their home in the earthquake. My friend and I decided to go this route and it's something I will never forget. We tracked along the Annapurna circuit for about 1 week witnessing the glory beyond words and then went to a village near the epicenter to finish the home for a family we had been matched with by Prem. He had organized the construction of most the house before we arrived in Nepal and we finish it by painting over the next 3 or 4 days and then dedicating it to this beautiful family with two small children. My friend did the fundraising and also contributed a great deal of her own money towards the project. The great thing about this is the homes are not that expensive.Prem has built numerous homes for the earthquake victims since 2015 using this method. I have done quite a bit of humanitarian work in the world and often I'm skeptical to send someone money to get the project started. However, this is a man of great integrity and honesty and you'll never have to worry about your funds being used entirely for the project you're involved in. It was an honor and privilege to be with a agency like this.

Comment

I had the pleasure of booking a ten day hike in March 2019 with Prems Nepal Trekking. It was for me and two girlfriends and we hiked the Khopra Danda areas. It was beyond FANTASTIC! The company itself is so well run! Organized. We were honestly made to feel like we were one of the family. The company was able to organize everything well in advance for us. We had no stress at all with planning. They planned an Amazing trek based on what we wanted to do, and see. They were so organized. Thoughtful. Kind. Funny. We had a few things come up along the way and they sorted it all without blinking an eye. Lost Luggage?!!! No problem. They went to the airport three times and sorted it out and then forwarded my luggage to me. Girls sick on the trek?! No problem. They carried our day packs and tweaked our itinerary so we could recover. Cancelled flight to Kathmandu?! They booked us an extra car st no added cost and drove us through a torrential down pour so we wouldn’t miss our international flights.
        They went above and beyond. Are so kind. Would do anything to make you feel welcome and comfortable. All the guides were knowledgeable and we felt so safe and well cared for! Months later I still think of our tearful goodbyes and miss my new Nepal family. Love love love them!

Prems NepalTrek
        Prem Rai
        Lakeside 6 (street number 19)
        Pokhara, Nepal
        www.trekwithpremrai.com
        www.premsnepaltrek.com
        www.facebook.com/prem.rai2
        [email protected]
        +977 9807380590
        +977 9846306028
        Last edited by Pamelakiziak; 06-21-2019, 03:48 PM.

Comment

We were fortunate to come across Prem Rai and Andrees de Ruiter while doing our Annapurna Circuit trek. They were scouting trails to avoid the newly built road around Annapurna. Their project is called NATT (Natural Annapurna Trekking Trail) and is aimed to bring travelers back on natural treks. They literally revived the trekkers flow to this destination. It also resulted in several guide books they published.

We were fascinated by this project, and two years later, we did Manaslu and Tsum Valley with Prem ("Prems Nepal Trek"). His professionalism, enthusiasm and knowledge is beyond all praise. He is the one who places the interests of the traveler ahead of his profit motives. Not to mention his reliability and expertise. Prem is also an interesting companion with a good sense of humor and lots of stories to tell. Most significantly, his English and soft skills are excellent.

We are working on a video project about Nepal, and Prem became one of our main characters there. If you’re interested in watching the results of our team-work and if you want to emerge into Nepal’s magical world once again, here are two links to our short videos with Prem starring: https://vimeo.com/180182803 & https://vimeo.com/293850375

Btw, Prem with his wife Maina run a very comfortable guest house in Pokhara. From my western point of view, it is one the best in Nepal. Which is most important (as I am tall), the shower and door frames are high enough for me

Comment

It is with great pleasure that I endorse the previous post, sighting the best trekking guide service in Nepal as:
            Prems Nepal Trek, Lakeside-6. (Street No:19) Pokahara, Nepal, www.trekwithpremrai.com, www.premsnepaltrek.com (being built), www.facebook.com/prem.rai2, [email protected], +977 9807380590, +977 9846306028
            My story is lengthy, but worth the read, if you are interested in details about the multiple talents and quality of services that await you, as you book a trip with this company. If you read to the end, you will also learn how Prems Nepal Trek is about the fulfillment of dreams. In 2016, Prem Rai and his amazing team provided me with impeccable service on a very affordable customized 19-day excursion in Nepal. Prem designed my trip to accommodate my request to visit the site of a humanitarian project there, in which I was involved, and to also go on a trekking excursion on a specific part of the Annapurna Circuit. The eight-day trek on the northern loop of Annapurna exceeded my expectations. Every day on the trail I experienced: (1) the exhilaration of the climb in incredible natural beauty at every turn; (2) the warmth and humanity of the amazing people of that region; (3) the jovial comradery with other trekkers and with our guide and porter; and (4) the most beautiful landscape photographic opportunities I have ever experienced. Prem had meticulously estimated the timing between the nightly teahouse and lodge accommodations , not only for proper altitude acclimatization, but also to meet the needs a fairly active senior citizen, with no trekking experience in high altitudes. The trek itself was the first half of a complicated request that I presented to Prem months ahead of my departure.
            For the second half of my trip, Prem masterminded and coordinated the building project, which was only a strong intention in my mind with no viable plan for completion, until I met him online. A few days after the earthquake of April 2015, I decided that sending money for disaster relief was no long enough for me, and that I needed to go there myself to provide hands-on help in whatever small way I could. I also determined that I could not travel to Nepal without making at least a brief trekking excursion in the Himalaya Mountains, which had for years seemed out of reach for me. As I began to look online for a trekking guide service, I recognized Prem’s name as coauthor with Andrees de Ruiter of the new NATT Trail Guide. How could I find a more knowledgeable and experienced guide than the man, who literally mapped the trail? As I explored Prem’s website, I saw that he also was deeply involved in the Emergency Earthquake Relief effort, which had begun to provide modest permanent housing for earthquake victims, following the initial emergency relief activities. This was too good to be true! In one man, I had found the help I needed to accomplish both of my goals in Nepal!
            As soon as Prem and I began email communication, I knew that he was the man to handle my trip! Just as with the trekking experience, he exceeded my expectations in his handling of the building project for the displaced family, who had barely escaped with their lives during the earthquake. While we were still on the trail, Prem was guiding a crew of skilled and volunteer workmen in their completion of the dwelling, just in time for my companion and me to take part in painting the home, as soon as we finished our trek. In spite of the need to unexpected reroute building materials to avoid the rushing current of a monsoon swollen river and their delivery on a steep eroding hillside; and in spite of the precise timing needed for the overlapping roles of several staff members, and for our reservations for lodging and several modes of land and air travel in Nepal, it all worked like clockwork. Prem’s organization of the entire trip was perfection, despite the need to fit such an ambitious agenda into the brief time period that I was able to leave my work in the USA.
            Before leaving Nepal, I was able to spend a little time with Prem and his amazing wife, Maina (whom I am convinced provides the best message in the world). During that time, I learned about Prem’s journey from an isolated village in the high mountains of Nepal to his creation of Prems Nepal Trek. It all started with his determination and courage, as a very young boy, to resist the cultural norms of his family and villagers, to fulfill his dream of getting an education, despite the need to run many miles each day through dangerous conditions to attend school. What an honor it was for me to be in the company of such hard-working, ethical people, devoted to their family, their clients, and to those in need. How fitting that the fulfillment of Prem’s dream made the fulfillment of my dream a possibility, as he provided for me an amazing life experience in the beautiful country of Nepal.
            Dr. Susan Nicholson, [email protected], Facebook site: Friends of Homeless Nepali Children @susansproject

Comment

Prems Trekking is great. My friends and I wanted to create our own trek itinerary for the Annapurna Circuit. After contacting many guiding companies in Nepal in June of 2018, we decided to use Prem. He assisted putting together a 25 day itinerary, assigning a guide and 2 porters, arranging travel from Kathmandu to the start, and from the trek end to Pokhara. It took several iterations discussing route variations and the type of gear to bring. Prem always responded promptly to our questions and provided guidance when we needed experienced input.

We knew the original trek route was under pressure from jeep and truck usage. We also knew a new route away from the jeep route was being developed. What we ended up with was the most knowledgeable person in Nepal, Prem, helping us map out the route we wanted to follow. Our route took us through many of the villages you read about on the older route, but avoiding the dust and noise of the jeep trail. Plus visiting many off-the-beaten-track villages. There were times I looked across the valley and could make out the jeep road and wondered why I also saw trekkers on the same road as the jeeps. Our route was so much quieter and enjoyable.

Of course we saw all the traditional "high points" of the trek: Manang, Thorung La, Muktinath, Kagbeni, Poon Hill, etc. But our trek also included side trips/route variations: Ngwal and hike towards Kang La, Ice Lake, Tilicho Lake, Jhong, Dhaganjung, Thini, plus anything our guide thought we might find interesting. And that was the best part. Our guide, Asal, was very familiar with the NATT and we changed our itinerary a couple of times in route based on our interests and Asal's input.

After our trek, while spending time in Pokhara, Prem dropped by and spent the evening with us just talking about the Annapurna region. A perfect end to our trek. I highly recommend Prem and his company. Check out the book he wrote with Andrees de Ruiter: Trekking the Annapurna Circuit", published by Himalayan Travel Guides.

Comment

Dreadnight wrote in a separate post: Prems Nepal Trek - Best trek and guide company in Nepal 07-07-2019, 12:49 PM

Prem is possibly the most knowledgeable Nepalese when it comes to trekking in Nepal. He writes the NATT trekking guide, and participates in various projects helping the local community, such as home-building.

Even before I engaged his company, he answered my questions readily, gave me lots of tips and supplied me with various materials that I needed.

When I arrived, he was able to find me a porter guide on a short notice.

I recommend anyone that is unsure to go with Prems Nepal Trek to enjoy peace of mind, professionalism and a great time in Nepal.

I am pleased to have made a new friend in Nepal.

Comment

Dr Susan Nicholson wrote in a separate post : 07-11-2019, 01:12 PM

It is with great pleasure that I endorse the previous post, sighting the best trekking guide service in Nepal as:
                  Prems Nepal Trek, Lakeside-6. (Street No:19) Pokahara, Nepal, www.trekwithpremrai.com, www.premsnepaltrek.com (being built), www.facebook.com/prem.rai2, [email protected], +977 9807380590, +977 9846306028
                  My story is lengthy, but worth the read, if you are interested in details about the multiple talents and quality of services that await you, as you book a trip with this company. If you read to the end, you will also learn how Prems Nepal Trek is about the fulfillment of dreams. In 2016, Prem Rai and his amazing team provided me with impeccable service on a very affordable customized 19-day excursion in Nepal. Prem designed my trip to accommodate my request to visit the site of a humanitarian project there, in which I was involved, and to also go on a trekking excursion on a specific part of the Annapurna Circuit. The eight-day trek on the northern loop of Annapurna exceeded my expectations. Every day on the trail I experienced: (1) the exhilaration of the climb in incredible natural beauty at every turn; (2) the warmth and humanity of the amazing people of that region; (3) the jovial comradery with other trekkers and with our guide and porter; and (4) the most beautiful landscape photographic opportunities I have ever experienced. Prem had meticulously estimated the timing between the nightly teahouse and lodge accommodations , not only for proper altitude acclimatization, but also to meet the needs a fairly active senior citizen, with no trekking experience in high altitudes. The trek itself was the first half of a complicated request that I presented to Prem months ahead of my departure.
                  For the second half of my trip, Prem masterminded and coordinated the building project, which was only a strong intention in my mind with no viable plan for completion, until I met him online. A few days after the earthquake of April 2015, I decided that sending money for disaster relief was no long enough for me, and that I needed to go there myself to provide hands-on help in whatever small way I could. I also determined that I could not travel to Nepal without making at least a brief trekking excursion in the Himalaya Mountains, which had for years seemed out of reach for me. As I began to look online for a trekking guide service, I recognized Prem’s name as coauthor with Andrees de Ruiter of the new NATT Trail Guide. How could I find a more knowledgeable and experienced guide than the man, who literally mapped the trail? As I explored Prem’s website, I saw that he also was deeply involved in the Emergency Earthquake Relief effort, which had begun to provide modest permanent housing for earthquake victims, following the initial emergency relief activities. This was too good to be true! In one man, I had found the help I needed to accomplish both of my goals in Nepal!
                  As soon as Prem and I began email communication, I knew that he was the man to handle my trip! Just as with the trekking experience, he exceeded my expectations in his handling of the building project for the displaced family, who had barely escaped with their lives during the earthquake. While we were still on the trail, Prem was guiding a crew of skilled and volunteer workmen in their completion of the dwelling, just in time for my companion and me to take part in painting the home, as soon as we finished our trek. In spite of the need to unexpected reroute building materials to avoid the rushing current of a monsoon swollen river and their delivery on a steep eroding hillside; and in spite of the precise timing needed for the overlapping roles of several staff members, and for our reservations for lodging and several modes of land and air travel in Nepal, it all worked like clockwork. Prem’s organization of the entire trip was perfection, despite the need to fit such an ambitious agenda into the brief time period that I was able to leave my work in the USA.
                  Before leaving Nepal, I was able to spend a little time with Prem and his amazing wife, Maina (whom I am convinced provides the best message in the world). During that time, I learned about Prem’s journey from an isolated village in the high mountains of Nepal to his creation of Prems Nepal Trek. It all started with his determination and courage, as a very young boy, to resist the cultural norms of his family and villagers, to fulfill his dream of getting an education, despite the need to run many miles each day through dangerous conditions to attend school. What an honor it was for me to be in the company of such hard-working, ethical people, devoted to their family, their clients, and to those in need. How fitting that the fulfillment of Prem’s dream made the fulfillment of my dream a possibility, as he provided for me an amazing life experience in the beautiful country of Nepal.
                  Dr. Susan Nicholson, [email protected], Facebook site: Friends of Homeless Nepali Children @susansproject

Comment

What a great experience.

I woke up this morning expecting to be in a guesthouse somewhere on the Annapurna Circuit. And then found myself feeling disappointed to realise that I was actually at home in NZ. It made me realise just how much I had enjoyed my trek with my guide Chandi Rai. Its a good time to thank Prem Rai at Prems Nepal Trek in Pokhara for organising my itinerary. It was so easy . We made one or two changes and very quickly locked in some dates and a plan for the 22 day trek. Prem allocated one of his best team members to guide me, by name Chandi Rai . For the next 22 days of the trek Chandi Rai was my guide and companion while we trekked up hill and down hill though the Himalayan mountains on the Annapurna Circuit. The highlight was crossing Thorong La the highest trekking pass in the world at 5416m or 17 769ft. Prem had skillfully arranged my itinerary to take me up from the Besisahar start point through different altitude levels to acclimatise enough to prepare for the pass crossing on day 14 of the trek. With Chandi Rai leading the way we made the crossing and the long descent quite comfortably. It was a huge effort and a long day but Chandi patiently lead the way so that it never felt too difficult. Thanks to Chandi Rai 22 days of trekking felt like 2 days and I could quite easily go back and do it again. Chandi was very good as a guide . His knowledge of the circuit and his contacts at the lodges is great. His English is good and it was such a pleasure being able to ask about local customs, flora and fauna and get such knowledgeable answers. I can highly recommend his services. If anyone is thinking of doing any of the treks in Nepal , please feel free to contact me for a reference. Both Prem and Chandi were a total pleasure and I could not have done it without their expert guidance and planning. Thanks Prem Rai and Chandi Rai. Namaste and happy trekking.

Comment

Four treks so far with Prem's Nepal Trek and hopefully many more to come!
                      Prem and his Family are possibly the most knowledgable, most reliable and most dedicated guides you can find in Nepal!
                      What I love most About trekking with them is that not only they organize your trek and Show you the way to your destination (because that's what anyone can do).. With their Passion for the Nepali landscape, nature and culture they will Show you all the interesting Things along your way - from hidden paths, secret lookout spots to big animals like Tar and Vultures all the way to Little Spiders that crawl along the path. When trekking with Prem, his younger brother Chandi, his brother in law Sukra and Tara, you will probably not sit with the other trekkers in the Dining hall but with the local Family and your guesthouse's host in the kitchen. They will translate for you, make you get in touch with the locals and teach you so much About their culture and way of life - which is honestly at least as fascinating and interesting as the landscape and nature around you,
                      I think it's because of Prem and his Family that I found Nepal to be the Country where my Soul is at Peace!
                      What I did so far with Prem's Nepal Trek:
                      1. Khopra Danda Trek - 7 days in the Annapurna Area - the way better alternative to the (in)famous Poon Hill Trek with amazing views and beginner friendly itinerary.

2. Annapurna Circuit with Naar-Phu Valley -around 25 days. You will not set a foot on the terrible Highway they built around Annapurna Circuit, there is a way more Beautiful and less crowded pass Always on the other side of the valley so that you don't have to deal with cars and other trekkers. Naar and Phu are two of the most Beautiful villages i have ever seen in my life - on this trek during high Season we only met two other trekkers in a full week. Naar and Phu is the perfect Addition to your Annapurna Circuit!

3. Everest Region Trek - around 10-12 days if i remember Right. Starting from Lukla Airport all the way up to Gokyo Ri with stunning views and nature. Then back down again past lukla Airport to Phaplu and back to KTM with a Jeep. Though this was only possible in that short time because i was already very trained from the previous trek. It was awesome! Everest Region is so different to annapurna!

4. Tumlingtar to Kalar Pattar - around 28 days! This was so far my best and most strenous trek: Starting in Tumlingtar at around 500m altitude, Walking through hot and dense jungles along Rice and millet fields. We spend a night at the Prem and Chandi's parent's house which was already the highlight of the trek on day 2! His Family greeted us so warm and welcome, made us awesome Food and we had the best time! From Tumlingtar, it took us around two weeks of hiking to even reach the Everest Region but seeing the different landscapes and nature on all the altitude Levels was truly fantastic. Rhododendron Forests, Pine Forests, windy passes, lone monasteries, hermit-monks and so on. for the first two weeks we have barely seen other trekkers. In Everest Region we went up Gokyo Ri (5357m), Cho La Pass (5420m) and finally Kalar Patthar (5643m). We had a fantastic Sunset on Everest with a simultaneous full moon rise behind Everest. It was magic!

Thanks to Prem, Sukra, Chandi and Tara for the good times and hopefully see you again, soon!
                      Dhanyabad, Olanowar!

Comment

In addition to and attesting to the previous positive comments about the guides, knowledge and services of Prems Nepal trek agency I will add a few more comments. I have made more than ten treks in the Annapurna region over the last 45 years. On my most recent 10 day trek (Dec. 2018) through Moharedanda, Tadapani, Jhinudanda, Landruk, Pokhara planned out by Prem Rai I discovered some new trails and lodges that I had never used, heard of or read about before. A new starting point of for the Moharedanda trek begins at Patichaur, just 20 minutes by road beyond Nayapul. This cuts off the extra hour or so of horrible bone jarring vehicle journey to the usual staring point at Galeshwar beyond Beni. We had planned to go up to Khopra Danda, but it was so cold and cloudy weather in addition to sore knees our threesome opted to remain in Ghorepani two days relaxing and then continued directly to Tadapani. Our delightful guide Chandi effortlessly agreed to modify our trek route to accommodate our wishes. When we got near to Ghandruk we stayed one night in the Lodge called 'Paradise' on Kot Danda. What a gem this hidden lodge is. We decided to stay an extra day there enjoying the great views and relaxing ambiance. On my many trips through/around Ghandruk I had never heard of this 'Paradise' lodge. It was a good spot for some relaxing meditation as well. At Jhinu Danda one of my two trek mates wanted to make a detour up the the ABC. As I had been to ABC on four previous treks I had not included it on this trek. But our guide Chandi graciously accompanied Prashant an extra three days to ABC while Myself and Viet finished our trek through Landruk, Potthana, Australian Camp to Khare. Our porter was going to hail a bus from Khare to Pokhara, but the normal road was in very bad condition. I did not want to end the nice peaceful trek on another bone jarring hour ride back. So I asked him to take us on the smooth direct Naudanda-Sarangkot ridge road by bus to the Paragliding jump off point which he did without hesitation. We then hiked down the steep direct trail to the Lakeside and walked back to our hotel; a great way to end the trek!!

Comment

Some reasons to choose Prems Nepal Trek (PNT)

This company in Pokhara is owned by three professional trekking guides (Prem, Sukra and Maina). They all now have more than 15 years of trekking experience and tour leading across the countryside and hills and mountains of Nepal. Prem and Andrees de Ruiter together wrote the NATT (New/Natural Annapurna Trekking Trail) guide book,www.nepal-dia.de.

We have been operating different trekking tours independently since 2004, but after the government brought in stricter rules it became impossible to continue as independent guides. So in 2014 we officially registered an agency as Prems Nepal Trek Pvt. Ltd. (PNT).

PNT is genuinely different from other trekking agencies in Nepal. Most of the trekking agencies and company owners and managers in Nepal have never been to the related areas, but they still design programs and itineraries for their clients. We always have extensive and highly important field-experiences for the routes we plan. Prem and his fellow guides are very dedicated in researching new routes like the NATT trek including the Annapurna Seven Passes, North Annapurna Base Camp (Maurice Herzog Trek), Khopradanda, Arun-valley, the newly designed Lalupate Trail and all major treks in Nepal.

Our staffs are well equipped, competent and covered by their insurance. Also most of them are skilled with Massage Therapy and can give it during the trip if anyone needs it. They can sing and dance to entertain clients and some of them can play bamboo flutes and traditional Nepali drums. Most of them speak English and some can speak Korean and Chinese. Both male and female trekking guides are available with PNT.

Our agency manager Sukra Rai is a most efficient trekking guide as well. He has all kinds of knowledge regarding treks and tours including NATT. Maina has had long and successful experience as a female guide. The three of us can design and provide any programs you want and are a perfect combination to lead the tour.

Some reasons why you should choose Prems Nepal Trek?
                          • Prems Nepal Trek is a small pure Nepali trekking company, but totally dedicated to the service of its customers. It is a private company run by 3 members of the same family. We now have more than 17 years of experience as Trekking Guides and organizing treks.
                          • Our company is the only company that, under the leadership of Prem Rai, is involved in researching new trekking routes which are “off-the-beaten-track”, such as for example North Annapurna Base Camp, Annapurna Seven Passes, Arun Valley, Natt (Natural Annapurna Trekking Trail), Lalupate Trek etc.
                          • Andreés de Ruiter and Prem Rai are Nepal's first Natt - trail explorers, colour painters and guide book writers. At one time, the Annapurna circuit was dying as a result of vehicles on a dirt track motor road and most tourists had stopped using it. But with Andrees and Prem’s new concept, and the efforts of the local government and people in various places, the Annapurna circuit and its sub-trails have again become enjoyable for trekking.
                          • Because of all our experience as Trekking Guides, Trail Finders and Guide Book writers, you can totally trust us to arrange any kind of trek you may want.
                          • Up till now we have only had one accident in April 2018. An Australian female guest was returning from the Langtang trek with her friend and our guides when she suddenly slipped on the route and broke her leg. But in less than 2 hours we were able to get her by helicopter to Kathmandu Grandi International Hospital where she made a full recovery and returned home.
                          • All our guides and assistants are fully experienced, professional and trained in their jobs.
                          • All our employees are insured with their insurance coverage.
                          • Our company's porters carry a limit of 15 to 16 kg, which means that they have no unnecessary sufferings along the way.
                          • We provide our employees with fair wages, salaries, adequate equipment and other things they need.
                          • Prems Nepal Trek has been able to provide direct employment to at least 20 local guides and co-workers, both men and women.
                          • Most of our guides and associates have good massage skills which are available to any guest on trek.
                          • Prems Nepal Trek is also involved in social service. After the destructive earthquake of 2015, we have distributed relief material to hundreds of families in different areas of Dhading and especially Gorkha under the auspicious of EEF (Earthquakes Emergency Fund). We have also built 8 houses for families who lost their homes. Our company is also involved in other social activities like drinking water, roadways, school construction and education of the poor and orphans.

Massage service

Maina's "Stairway to Heaven Massage" therapy service is well recommended. Here I want to include Andrees' testimonial words ~ Maina Rai the wife of Prem Rai offers also an excellent massage service. Before Prem and Maina were running their own massage center, but after the house was damaged in the big earthquakes. Now, she offers it on request. I brought my mother at the age of 77 years old to Nepal and thought massage would be good for health I brought to her to Maina. Soon she looked 10 years younger and she felt also so. Then she wanted massage everyday and very happy. Also several friends of mine also were very pleased from the massage by Maina. (A personal recommendation of Andreés) You can contact Maina either at the trekking agency Prems Nepal Trek or make a phone call at: +977 9804115956, or 9807380590

Rai Residence

This is owned by the same professional trekking guides and NATT (New/Natural Annapurna Trekking Trail) book writer in Nepal. Here you get a friendly family environment. We have 6 rooms for rent. Four of them are for couples, one has twin beds and one is single. Every room has a private porch, cupboard, 24 hour hot shower with attached bath and toilet and free Wi-Fi service. It's good to sit in the peaceful roof-top garden with the dramatic view of para-gliders over Sarangkot and the background scenery of Machhapuchhre Himal including the surrounding green hills, villages, Fewa Lake and the Stupa (World Peace Pagoda) in the west.
                          It is located at Lakeside - 6, Khahare marga (street no: 19) Pokhara.

It is a perfect guest house for budget travelers. On request we prepare Nepali breakfast and, if anyone is interested, a short cooking course for Nepali Thali (veg and none-veg).You can learn and cook it yourself with us in our kitchen.

Prem Rai
                          PREMS NEPAL TREK PVT. LTD.
                          Lakeside – 6, Khahare Chowk (street no: 19), Pokhara Nepal.

E-mails:
                          [email protected]
                          [email protected]

www.trekwithpremrai.com
                          www.trekwithpremrai.com
                          https://www.facebook.com/prem.rai2
                          https://www.facebook.com/pg/premsnepaltrek1/reviews/
                          www.instagram.com/prem.rai1

Cell phone:
                          +977 9807380590 (Sukra)
                          + 977 9846306028 (Prem)
                          +977 9804115956 (Maina)

NAMASTE!!
                          Last edited by Prems Nepal Trek; 08-15-2019, 09:18 PM.

Comment

Hello there,

I also had the pleasure to book my treks with Prem nepal trek. The first time was in 2013. I did a two month trek with my Bhai Chandi rai. It was my first contact with nepal and Prem did a wonderful job for me.
                            I did in two months first poonhill trek after that Annapurna circuit, Everest basecamp and last but not least we went to Prems parents in the eastern part of Nepal. This was a very special experiance. I highly recommend Prems Nepal Trek.
                            In the winter of 2015/2016 me and my girlfriend did again a trek with Chandi this time we did the Kohpra trek. Again Prems Nepal Trek dit a wonderful job for us.
                            Now I am planning to go again next april, and for sure i wil contact Prem again because then i know it wil be an adventure we wil never forget.

Hope to see you all again.

Namaste,

Chris Pauwels, The Netherlands

Comment

Working...
                            X